Saturday, August 2, 2014

Every little thing is gonna be alright

Hello! I am playing along again in the current Hero Arts challenge. You can see the other card I entered HERE. I had lots of fun making this one layer card. Here it is...
I started by masking off the edges with 1/2inch strips of post-it paper. Then I stamped the butterflies using the Heart Winged Butterfly stamp from Hero Arts. I stamped them with Soft Cantaloupe and Bubble Gum Hero Arts shadow inks. I then stamped the butterfly a few times on post-it paper and cut them out to create masks...
After I masked off the butterflies, I sponged on Soft Pool and Mint Julep Hero Arts shadow inks with sponge daubers to make the background. The greeting is from an older set called Hooray by Hero Arts which doesn't seem to be available anywhere. For a finishing touch I added clear wink of stella glitter pen to the white parts of the butterflies. 

I hope you're having a great weekend! It's raining here in SoCal which is pretty exciting!

♥ Nikki ♥

p.s. I bought that set just for the greeting...it's from one of my favorite Bob Marley songs! Enjoy. 




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on your card...I like the heart butterfly wings. That is one nice sentiment and I can see why you wanted the set just for that message. Fabulous job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Nikki, and I love seeing this heart-wing butterfly again! Beautiful soft colors!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!